Firebird

Firebird
The Adventure Continues

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

#8 Down East Circle; NY City Arrival

 Rikers Island

 The first bridge on the east river
 The Chrysler building


 Does the Empire State Building look small?







Trying to take a picture while going thru Hells Gate was like trying to ski a black diamond mogul field while reading a book.  Boating here was as if I was in a washing machine.  The NY Cops and Firefighters both have large boats and passed me throwing a 4 ft wake in very confined area.  They cleared the table for me.

 That yellow boat up ahead is the Staten Island Ferry



 I guess the Statue sustained some damage from Hurricane Sandy, as it was closed for repairs.  Note the cranes.




I had planned to anchor behind Ellis Island, however there were security restriction buoys all over the area making it off limits.






The Marina is very nice, they even give you a welcoming packet. Everything comes with a cost.

 After a very nice dinner at the Liberty Island Park Restaurant I took a stroll to the end of the park to take these pictures of NY.  That blue lit building is the new tower.


No comments:

Post a Comment